NGK spark plug
NGK is the Number One Choice of Motorcycle Spark Plug supplying the original equipment for more motorcycle models than any other brands of spark plug.
NGK Spark Plugs
- Standard replacement NGK spark plugs use nickel alloy electrodes with a copper core.
- The nickel alloy is heat resistant and durable, while the copper core has high thermal conductivity for removing heat from the electrodes.
- It is this combination of nickel and copper that allows NGK spark plugs to function at a far wider heat range, with maximum performance for both high and low temperatures, than many competing brands of motorcycle spark plug.
NGK Platinum Spark Plug
- Platinum is harder wearing and more resistant to corrosion than nickel alloy – this allows for the use of a smaller diameter electrode (0.8mm) which not only reduces the voltage required;
- It also gives a more consistent spark.
- There is no loss of service life when using a platinum electrode.
- In fact, service life is likely to be increased, compared to a normal plug.
Iridium IX Spark Plug
- Iridium spark plugs are even better than platinum;
- Its durability and an incredibly high melting point (2450 degrees C) allowing the use of an even smaller diameter electrode, between 0.4mm and 0.6mm.
- As well as being one of the hardest metals on earth, iridium is also very resistant to corrosion.
- When maintained correctly, an iridium spark plug can have approximately double the life of a standard spark plug.